If you’re up for a long drive soon, passing Highway 12 Utah, or Great River Road, or planning a Florida Keys road trip or New England joy ride, you have to arm yourself with these road trip questions.
These fun car ride questions are guaranteed conversation-starters during your road trip even if they’re addressed to kids under 10 years old, your grandparents, a girl/boy you just started dating, your high school friends, or any of your family members
25 Silly Road trip Questions for Kids
You can turn this into a trivia game with prizes for every correct answer, or just a question-and-answer type of activity. Of course, this will depend on the ages of the kids you’ve got in your car.
- If you can choose which superhero or superhero you can be, who would it be? Why?
- Would you rather have an eye at the back of your head or a nose on your palm?
- What would be your dream job?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- If you can be the world’s best in anything, what profession/specialization would it be?
- Would you rather be able to control water or fire?
- If you become a teacher, what subject would you teach?
- What mythical creature do you wish was real?
- What 3 foods are you OK to never eat again?
- Do you want vacations at the beach or in snowy mountains?
- If you have all the resources in the world, what invention would you create?
- If stuffed animals could talk, what do you think they’d tell you?
- What do you think would win between a robot and an alien?
- If you could talk to one kind of animal, what animal would it be?
- Would you rather go to a theme park, or a water park?
- If you could learn a new language, what would it be?
- What does your dream home look like?
- If your eyes suddenly began seeing just one color, what color would you prefer to see 24/7?
- Which family tradition is your favorite? If you can invent one, what would it be?
- If cats and dogs fought to rule the world, which side would you ally with?
- Where would you go if you were invisible for a day?
- If you could change your name, what would you call yourself?
- What would you do with your time if you didn’t need to sleep?
- If you had a time machine, would you rather check out the future, or go back in time?
- What is the funniest word you know?
25 Getting-to-Know-You Road trip Questions for Couples
Whether you’ve just started dating, or you’ve been a couple for years, these getting-to-know-you road trip questions are always a good way to showcase each other’s humor, story-telling, or characteristics you never knew (or have forgotten).
- What is one skill or talent you wished you had?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What’s your Wi-Fi name?
- What is the most memorable pick-up line you’ve given/heard?
- Which emoji do you use the most?
- What is your ideal weekend getaway?
- If you could revive any dead person for a week, who would it be?
- What two things do you think relationships need to thrive?
- What’s the scariest movie you ever watched?
- Do you want to be a business owner, or happy to be employed?
- Would you rather be super strong or super-fast?
- What trait are you most proud of yourself?
- Name 5 things you’ll bring in a deserted island if you know you’d be trapped there for a month.
- If you could spend one day with another gender, what would you do?
- What items are on your bucket list (that you’d be okay to share)?
- How would you spend the last 24 hours of your life?
- What is your most favorite dish?
- If you can shape-shift into any animal, what would you be?
- If you had to spend a month with no internet, what would you do?
- What’s your biggest deal-breaker?
- What piece of advice would you give to your teenager self?
- How long can you go without sleep?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- If someone carved your face into a massive sculpture like Mount Rushmore, would you feel honored or embarrassed?
- How far would you be willing to relocate for your career?
25 Epic Road trip Questions for Friends
This set of road trip questions is perfect for friends from teens to adults.
- If you inherited 10 million dollars, what would you do with it?
- Who was the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what 5 things do you wish you had an unlimited supply of?
- What superpower would you choose: the ability to teleport or time travel?
- Would you ever try skinny dipping?
- If you can only choose one band, singer or artist to include in your road trip playlist, who would you pick?
- Who is the first person you’d call if you were in trouble?
- Do you have a go-to “fun fact” you always tell at parties?
- Would you rather sleep as much as you want, or eat as much as you want without gaining weight?
- What food have you tried and would never eat ever again?
- What’s your funniest drunken memory?
- If you can cure 1 type of disease, what would you choose?
- What’s your favorite conspiracy theory?
- Would you rather be forever healthy (even without exercise or dieting) forever, or have an unlimited amount of cash in the bank?
- Is there any job you would never do?
- What is the best gift you have ever given?
- Do you have a scar with an interesting story behind it?
- If time and money were not an issue, what hobby would you start?
- If you can invite any 5 people to your dream party, who would they be?
- What is the most googled question on your PC?
- Do you want to be buried or created?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without taking a bath?
- If you need to skydive or bungee-jump to save your life, which would you choose?
- Would you want to know when you’re going to die?
- What YouTube channel do you secretly love watching?
25 Fun Roadtrip Questions for Families (with kids to grandparents)
Everyone can relate to this next set of road trip questions. No common age, gender beliefs, or interests needed – just a willingness to answer the questions and share parts of their lives.
- What was the best meal of your life?
- If you can pick up any instrument to play as a profession, what would it be?
- Have you ever had trouble with the law?
- What movie would you recommend to anyone in a heartbeat?
- How long do you think you’d last a zombie apocalypse?
- If you wrote an autobiography, what would be the title?
- What is the funniest sound you can make?
- Have you broken any bones? If yes, how did it happen?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Would you donate your organs?
- Have you ever built something successfully with the help of a YouTube tutorial? What was it?
- Which New Year’s resolution have you actually achieved?
- If you could change one mistake you’ve made in your life, what would it be?
- Which 3 countries would you want to explore extensively, if money was no problem?
- What book has the biggest impact on your life?
- If you had to give up 1 sense (sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch), which would you give up? Why?
- What would you prefer to find: true love, or a suitcase filled with $10 million?
- Which actor/actress would you choose to play yourself in a movie?
- If you had a robot that would take care of only 1 thing, what would you make it do every day?
- What is the strangest place you’ve ever been to?
- What’s the most expensive purchase you’ve ever made (aside from a car and house)?
- What reality TV show would you recommend to friends?
- If you could meet and prove the existence of either aliens or ghosts, what would you choose?
- Which song best describes your life?
- What 3 things would you buy if you won the lottery?
Who says you have to reach your destination before you start making memories?
Make the drive going to your destination something you, your kids, your partners, your friends, and your family will cherish for years to come. If everyone still has the energy to participate, you can even extend this bonding experience on the way back home from your destination.
Of course, not all road trips are bound to be boring. Some are actually filled with sights and attractions by the side of the road. Check the following itineraries if you’re looking for interesting road trips: